Jordan Hare Stadium Features: Jordan Hare features a full lower bowl, the student section is located in the south end zone of the lower bowl. The east and west upper decks were eventually added to the stadium in the 80s and the stadium has a capacity over 80,000. Every time I've attended a game I've sat in the upper deck. Which offers a great view of the game and the bands formations. There have been a few upgrades to the outside of the stadium, as well as a new HD scoreboard in the end zone inside the stadium,great for checking out replays. The concourse doesn't bring much excitement.
Tiger traditions: The War Eagle is released from its cage and circles the field as fans are chanting warrrrrrrr, once he hits the field fans shout eagle! hey! It is a scene unlike any another in college football.
War Eagle is a legend, there are four different myths about war eagle but you can pick the one you want to believe. It's also a way to greet fellow Auburn fans. Tailgating starts early in Auburn and by early i mean a few days before a game.
Game Day Activities
- Toomers drug is your first stop before the game, many fans love the lemonade for me it’s the vanilla milkshake.
- If you’re looking for some auburn merchandise you'll find a few bookstores downtown and there is also the official bookstore on campus. I would suggest the one on campus its not as packed, bigger and has a great selection of Under Armor apparel.
- Make sure you head to the tiger walk,(3rd picture) where the fans come together to watch their auburn tigers walk into the stadium. Get there early for the best view.
- After the game make sure to stop by Toomers corner to "roll" the auburn way!(first picture) Very unique to Auburn is the tradition of rolling the corner after a win. You can buy a roll after the game. Its quite the sight after a big Auburn win. (Video below from when I was there).
- WAR EAGLE!
- X-Factor Basis: Traditions
- Stadium has a new scoreboard since my visit.