Mock Draft First Round 2012
1. Indianapolis Colts-Andrew Luck QB Stanford
Indy needs a QB lock in Luck.
2. Washington Redskins-Robert Griffin QB Baylor
Washington has need a franchise QB for awhile. Is Griffin the man for the job?
3. Minnesota Vikings-Matt Kalil OT USC
They need help all across the board. Why not start at the tackle position.
4. Cleveland Browns-Justin Blackmon WR OKST-
Richardson seems like a lock, but I wouldn't draft him so early. The Browns need a franchise WR. A position that has been down since their return in 99.
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers-Morris Claiborne CB LSU
The Bucs allowed 30 passing TD last year. They need help at the corner position.
6. St Louis Rams-Riley Reiff OT Iowa
The Rams gave up over 55 sacks last year. The need help on the o-line.
7. Jacksonville Jaguars-Melvin Ingram DE South Carolina
The Jags need help at WR I wouldn't be suprised to see Floyd drafted at 8 if they don't go with a DE.
8. Miami Dolphins-Quinton Coples DE North Carolina
The Dolphins need a QB, but I wouldn't reach for Tannehill at 8.
9. Carolina Panthers-Fletcher Cox DT Mississippi St.
The offense looked good under Newton in year one. The Defensive on the other hand did not. It starts up front, draft the big Bulldog.
10. Buffalo Bills-Michael Floyd WR Notre Dame
If the Bills are going to continue to go with Fitzpatrick they need more talent at the WR position.
11. Kansas City Chiefs-Dontari Poe DT Memphis
The 6-4 330 pound monster was impressive at the combine and popped up on everyone's radar. The Chiefs need a 3-4 DT and the hardworking Poe should be their choice.
12. Seattle Seahawks-Luke Kuechly LB Boston College
If Coples or Ingram are avaliable they will go that route. They have a major need at DE.
13. Arizona Cardinals-Jonathan Martin OT Stanford
They need help on the line and Martin seems like sure thing.
14. Dallas Cowboys-Mark Barron S Alabama
The Cowboys need major help in the secondary.
15. Philadelphia Eagles-Dont'a Hightower LB Alabama
The Eagles locked up Ryans from the Texans to fill the MLB spot. Adding Hightower would sure up the OLB position.
16. New York Jets-Courtney Upshaw LB Alabama
Upshaw posses a pass rush the Jets need.
17. Cincinnati Bengals-David DeCastro OG Stanford
If the Bengals don't take a guard with this pick they will take a corner.
18. San Diego Chargers-Dre Kirkpatrick CB Alabama
The Chargers need some help in the secondary.
19. Chicago Bears-Mike Adams OT Ohio State
They didn't address the O-line in free agency. A tackle seems like a logical pick by the Bears.
20. Tennessee Titans-Stephon Gilmore
The Titans need to fill the void of Finnegans departure.
21. Cincinnati Bengals-Janoris Jenkins CB North Alabama
The Bengals could also go with a WR to compliment AJ Green.
22. Cleveland Browns-Trent Richardson RB Alabama
I don't think he gets drafted 4th like most and I would't draft him that high. I think he could be the big slide of the day. Reminds me of the day they drafted Brady Quinn. I'm sure a better outcome with Richardson though.
23. Detroit Lions-Cordy Glenn G/T Georgia
Glenn could provide stability on an unstable Lions offensive line.
24. Pittsburgh Steelers-Devon Still DT Penn State
They need to address the NT position Still could be that guy.
25. Denver Broncos-Ryan Tannehill QB Texas A&M
Wasn't a fan of the Manning move. I don't think he lasts, but maybe a year or two in the league.
26. Hosuton Texans-Kendall Wright WR Baylor
Adding speedster Kendall Wright could open up the field.
27. New England Patriots-Whitney Mercilus DE/OLB
Does any one ever know what the Patriots are going to do?
A DE/OLB combo seems logical.
28. Green Bay Packers-Nick Perry DE USC
They need more pass rush and Perry is their guy.
29. Baltimore Ravens-Peter Konz C Wisconsin
The center position needs filled Konz should be their guy.
30. San Francisco 49er's-Stephen Hill WR Georgia Tech
Hill porvides Alex Smith with another weapon. Don't settle for the recent WR free agent moves by the 49ers. The future is Hill and Crabtree form the future. I don't see a quality tackle or corner being left. They may trade up.
31. New England Patriots-Jerel Worthy DT
It seems like the Pats will trade this pick. I'll select Worthy for line depth.
32. New York Giants-Alshon Jeffery WR South Carolina
Mannigham out insert Jeffery.
#4. Justin Blackmon-Cleveland Browns
#11. Dontari Poe-Kansas City Chiefs
#17. David Decastro-Cincinnati Bengals
#21 Janoris Jenkins-Cincinnati Bengals
#23. Cordy Glenn-Detroit Lions
#26. Kendall Wright-Houston Texans
#30. Stephen Hill-San Francisco 49er's
#32. Alshon Jeffery-New York Giants
Get Your Tickets for the 2012 NFL Season!
Check out Walter Footballs Mock Draft 2012: